Quality, personal service and
a customer-first philosophy since 1946.
Throughout our history, we have embraced new technologies to continue delivering innovative products and industry-leading results.
The Early Years
- Founded in the early 1920s, the company is bought by the Fowler family in 1946. In 1959, Mel Fowler buys the company from his father after returning from the Navy and graduating from college.
- In 1990, Mel sells the company to its employees through an employee stock ownership plan.
- In 1998, the company opens its Santa Barbara office.
A New Era
- In 2001, the company moves into a new 56,000-square-foot headquarters.
- In 2003, the company opens its San Luis Obispo office.
- In 2006, the company diversifies beyond printing with the acquisition of Business Mailing Center, bringing mailing services in-house.
- In 2007, the company receives FSC certification to reaffirm its commitment to environmental responsibility and well-managed forestry.
Diversification and Growth
- In 2007, the company adds digital and variable data printing and content-relevant marketing solutions.
- In 2008, the company rolls out its new data division.
- With more than 40 percent growth in three years, the company is named one of the nation’s 5000 fastest-growing private companies by Inc. Magazine in 2008.
- In 2008, the company changes its name to V3 to reflect its expanded services and geographical reach.
- In 2009, V3 employs GRACoL guidelines and achieves G7 Master status for color consistency.
- In 2009, V3 opens its West Hollywood office.
- In 2009, V3 opens its Templeton office.